This is an excellent opportunity to become a Deputy Manager of our 3 bedroom mixed home which provides care for children with emotional and behavioural difficulties aged 11-18 years.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the young people we support and our homes operate with a high staff to young person ratio. The Deputy Manager job is full-time and will consist of 40 hours per week on a shift basis. This includes working some weekends.
Deputy Manager Role requirements:
- Required Education – Level 3 Diploma in Residential Childcare or NVQ Level 3 Children and Young People’s Workforce Diploma with a Social Care Pathway. Ideally working towards Level 5.
- Experience working with children or young adults with children with emotional and behavioural difficulties, who may display challenging behaviour
- Minimum 2 years or more of experience working as a Senior/Team leader in residential care and 4 years of working in a support environment
- Good written and spoken English
- Ability to interact with a range of young people
- Ability to lead a team and to work as part of a team
- Ability to provide consistency of care and support to the young people
Deputy Manager Responsibilities:
- Team Leading
- Shift Leading
- Supporting the manager to run a successful staff team and all day to day operations of the home
- Ensuring the highest standards of care in relation to the children’s physical, behavioural and emotional needs.
- Supporting young people to do their favourite things and try new activities at home and also outdoor activities. These include swimming and going on annual vacation.
- Providing high quality care to young people (including personal care)
Benefits for you as a Deputy Manager:
- Flexible working hours weekdays and weekends
- Fully funded induction and in house training
- Partly funded (NVQ) qualifications
- Excellent opportunity for progression within the company
- Full access to 100s of savings and offers available to staff including through the company benefit scheme ( ½ price cinema tickets, 6 % off 20,000 high-street shops, Free Mobile Insurance, Free Tastecard, Save over £300 per year on an Oyster card.)
- Fully funded DBS
- All successful Deputy Manager candidates will be subject to an Enhanced DBS check.
If you have the right skills and attributes