The Staff Hardship Fund supports Evoke Care staff including current staff and those who have recently left for reasons of ill health/sickness. who find themselves in significant financial hardship or at serious risk of becoming in significant financial hardship.
Level of support that can be provided
The Staff Hardship Fund will normally provide financial support to eligible applicants up to a maximum of £2500. Applicants may make a maximum of one application per calendar year; in the event that the Fund is over-subscribed, preference will be given to those who have not previously received support through the Fund.
Before applying to the Hardship Fund, individuals must have considered other options and where appropriate made use of other available support as well as sought support from their company and/or Evoke Care limited.
Examples of when the Staff Hardship Fund could help
The Staff Hardship Fund is a discretionary fund of the company have the final decision as to who may receive a payment.
Below are examples of the type of situations that could give rise to financial needs that may be eligible for funding from the Hardship Fund. These are intended as a guide and are not exhaustive:
- A staff member with a serious/terminal illness who is unable to work for a long period of time resulting in financial difficulties.For example, a staff member is diagnosed with cancer and is not receiving sick pay or any other financial benefits and needs additional funds to support themselves and their family.
- Travel expenses which are unaffordable to visit a seriously ill family member in the United Kingdom.For example, a staff member’s child is receiving cancer treatment at a hospital and has considerable distance to travel to the hospital and the family are finding it hard to cover the costs for travel expenses and accommodation whilst also paying for the normal day to day living expenses.
- A staff member’s home is damaged due to a natural disaster (such as floods/fire) or unforeseen circumstances and is struggling to meet uninsured costs of establishing or re-establishing a habitable and safe residence. For example, due to local floods, a staff member has no home, clothes, food etc. and is unable or struggling to afford to buy replacement items or cover the cost of temporary accommodation.
- A staff member or family member dies leaving the family struggling to pay the total cost of the funeral.
- A staff member is in significant debt and unable to pay their mortgage or rent.So long as the individual has contacted their mortgage provider or landlord to review their monthly payments and considered all other ways they can be supported, the fund can provide one-off support to prevent the individual becoming homeless.
The list of exclusions below is used as a guide of what the Hardship Fund cannot be used for and is not intended to be comprehensive. Funding from the Hardship Fund will not be available for things such as:
- Luxury items or expenses (e.g. family holidays)
- Routine living expenses
- Reduced income due to a variance in your scheduled hours
- Other personal debts such as income tax, child support, credit and debit card, tuition etc
- Loss of or damage to your personal property that does not impact your safety, housing and ability to meet your monthly expenses
- Financial assistance that you are not obligated to repay
- Elective services (e.g. cosmetic procedures, fertility treatments)
- Payment of traffic or other related fines.
Please Note – Grants made for Staff Hardship are for charitable purposes only, they are not a replacement for funds owed to the individual by Evoke Care limited.